I was packing to leave the next day on a 2-week vacation, when I realized I wanted a long sleeve blouse in my bright blue. I had a white knit-shrug, a cream cardigan, and a soft jacket in navy that could have functioned as my third layer, but I felt like a bright blue would be the perfect completer piece. Well, I packed the navy and then went downstairs to my sewing rooms.
I found the perfect-for-me fabric a cotton/poly shirting in a blue and white print. I pulled out my woven block and asked myself how it could be simplified enough that I might finish in 4 hours.
BTW, I find myself greatly admiring those sewists on the Sewing Bee because I’m not sure I could complete anything in the time they are given.
I’m always feeling blouses from this sloper are a little short, so I lengthen the front and back 1.25″. I eliminated the collar and used a plain one-piece sleeve. I did no fitting. This is my basic sloper. I’ve made several tops from it. Even more tops have been variations created by copying this sloper and applying style changes. I would be shocked if this blouse doesn’t fit reasonably.
My sewing procedure was pretty standard too. I taped shoulders and neckline; fused interfacing to the facings. I used bias tape to finish the back neck. All the seams are serged. The blind hem and buttonholes done on my Brother Dream. Only the buttons are hand sewn. I hoped but couldn’t believe I’d actually finished my blouse in the limited time available. That’s the beauty of TNT’s.
Sorry I was frazzled and didn’t have time for body pics. Fortunately Mimie (my dressform) was happy to step-in for me.